Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pics, pics, pics, and exciting news

Nora is up to 5lbs 13.6oz. To me she looks bigger everyday.

Some other kinda important news came out yesterday. If we appease the NICU gods, and they are angry gods, Nora could possibly come home sometime this week. I will pause to let you guys finish jumping up and down with joy.

As with the rest of this experience there's some conditions. She will come home on a cardiac monitor. She is still having those episodes of not breathing which slows her heart rate. She has gotten a loading dose of caffeine, which should help her to remember that breathing is important. We will administer her more caffeine in her feeds. So after two weeks of caffeine the doctors will examine the data from the monitor. From that they may discontinue the caffeine and then only 2 more weeks of the monitor.

The nurses implied that they normally don't send babies home on a monitor. They have confidence that Sara and I are capable enough to handle it. Of course the fact that I am a Paramedic helped a little.

So everyone cross your fingers, pour some out, and say some prayers to the great and powerful NICU gods. If it all works out you guys will be getting pictures of Nora and Blue together. I hope instagram can handle that.

2 comments:

  1. PROGRESS!!! Sending lots of prayers from Vidrine, LA!! My computer may combust from pics of Nora & Blue together though ... and I'm trying to finish writing my dissertation this week ... so be careful with the cuteness level :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for all of you. I can't wait to see Blue and Nora together.Fun. Get some rest now!

    ReplyDelete