Tuesday, December 11, 2012

first things first

Welcome!  Dug and I have decided to start a blog so that all of our friends and family have a place to come for news, updates, and pictures of our sweet baby girl, Eleanor Anne, who we have affectionately nicknamed Nora.  This way if we can't return every phone call or text message because we fell asleep or we're just feeling overwhelmed we can still share all the news and pictures that we have.

I'll leave the arrival story for another day when I'm slightly more awake but today was a big day.  Mom got to go home and Nora took two big steps: she started getting milk through her feeding tube and she pooped for the first time.

Okay, here are the pictures:


Here she is fresh from Sara's belly--a whopping 3 lbs 2 oz and 15.2 inches!


Footprints with Dug's thumb for comparison

For the first few days I have to stay in my isolette all the time so
Mom  comforts me by putting her hand on my chest and tummy. 

 As part of my care plan, I spent most of my first four days under a sun lamp wearing these stylish accessories.
Our first hold on 12/10/12.
We hold skin-to-skin which makes Nora feel calm and happy. It makes Mom pretty happy, too.   

Dad gets in on the action; skin to skin holding is called Kangaroo care.
Volunteers and NICU staff keep Nora in stylish hats and Christmas decorations. 



Nora pulled the tube out of her mouth so Dug took the opportunity to snap a picture
with slightly less tape on her face than usual.  



1 comment:

  1. Jovie loved skin-to-skin. That's pretty much how we spent her first month of life, but it reminds you to just sit still and be.
    Hi Nora! Your friends can't wait for you to go home with your Mama and Daddy!

    ReplyDelete